Chinese EV maker BYD is set to enter the UK later this year, and local car dealer Pendragon on September 21 revealed in its financial results for the first half of 2022 that it has held discussions with BYD on cooperation.
Following Boris Johnson's resignation and an updated national digital strategy, the UK's tech relationship with China is entering a new phase.
TikTok is preparing to launch a warehousing plan called "Aquaman" for its e-commerce business in the UK market in the near future.
British 5G operator EE will launch the Nreal Air smart glasses in the UK on May 20, marking the sixth overseas country in which Chinese AR glasses developer Nreal has entered.
The gross merchandise value (GMV) of TikTok e-commerce in 2021 totaled about 6 billion yuan ($951 million), of which 70% or more came from Indonesia and the remaining 30% or less came from the U.K.
TikTok Shop, an e-commerce marketplace which is currently being tested in the UK, will allow creators and online merchants to sell their products and services directly to users through the TikTok app.
Representatives from Nexperia, a subsidiary of Shanghai-based Wingtech Technology, announced on Monday their acquisition of the largest producer of semiconductors in the UK, Newport Wafer Fab (NWF). Following the agreement’s implementation, the Welsh facility is to be redubbed “Nexperia Newport”.
French authorities have warned local telecommunication providers to stop renewing contracts with Huawei after the end of their leases. The licenses granted for Huawei equipment would not be renewed thereafter.
Mobile network operators won’t be allowed to purchase Huawei equipment after December 2020. Any existing Huawei gear has to be removed by 2027.
Xiaomi held a launch event in London on Nov. 8 local time, marking its next step in the European market. Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 Pro and Redmi 6A are expected to be launched in U.K.
Oxford University, one of the oldest universities in the world, will partner with Tencent to offer eSports courses for the first time.