According to Tianyancha App, a business information inquiry platform, recently, Lei Jun, founder of Xiaomi, stepped down as chairman of Beijing Xiaomi Electronic Software Technology Co., Ltd., an affiliated company of Airstar Digital Technology, a financial company owned by Xiaomi.
At the same time, Xiaomi co-founder Lin Bin stepped down as a director of the company, and another Xiaomi co-founder Hong Feng stepped down as legal representative, director and manager. The company was established in July 2014, and its business scope includes basic software and application technical services, with a registered capital of about 2.071 billion yuan ($297.7 million).
At present, although Lei Jun has stepped down as chairman of the company, he still holds 90% of its shares, while Hong Feng holds the other 10%.
In response, Wang Hua, general manager of Xiaomi’s Public Relations Department, said that it is normal for Xiaomi‘s subsidiaries to adjust directors and legal representative for the convenience of business management and process.
In December last year, Lei Jun stepped down as a senior executive of several Xiaomi affiliated companies. Lei also stepped down as a director of live-streaming e-commerce platform Xiaomi Youpin’s affiliated company in April this year, all of which the company has said are normal changes.
Analysts pointed out that Lei Jun is currently focusing on automobile production. Previously, Lei has said that he has developed a deeper understanding of the automotive industry and made it clear that it is necessary to have a passion for vehicle manufacturing. The executive hopes that the public would give the company some patience and encouragement as it works its way through this new venture.